Saturday, June 21, 2008
Your focus determines your destination
At EFY last week I was fortunate enough to attend some of the classes that were offered. One of those classes happened to be preparing for a Celestial Marriage. So with a temple marriage ascending on the horizon, I thought it to be a perfect privelege. I suppose I never realized the huge difference between a Temple Marriage & a Celestial Marriage. A temple marriage describes the place you go to have an eternal marriage performed. A celestial marriage is being true to the sacred covenants you make in the temple marriage ceremony. It is living celestial principles in the marriage relationship. Do you see the difference? Faithful & righteous members of the church may have a temple marriage but are not guaranteed a celestial marriage. You can have a temple marriage yet not a celestial marriage. You must to honor at all times the sacred covenants you & your spouse make on your wedding day in order to have a celestial marriage. This class really put celestial marriage into perspective for me. So I told Vaughn that not only do I want a temple marriage, I want & must have a celestial marriage as well. Okay wonderful, it's settled then!