read part I first :)
The nurse slowly smiled and announced not only was I finally progressing, I was now a 6.5! I could've kissed her on the cheek! Cheers erupted from Vaughn and another nurse. I couldn't believe my ears. I have never been more relieved and thankful!
The nurse slowly smiled and announced not only was I finally progressing, I was now a 6.5! I could've kissed her on the cheek! Cheers erupted from Vaughn and another nurse. I couldn't believe my ears. I have never been more relieved and thankful!
I quickly said a prayer of extreme gratitude as my mom, dad and grandma filed back into the room. More cheers, hugs and tears.
Progression continued slowly but surely from there.
Many episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" were watched while waiting.
Another thing I was dreading this 2nd time around was throwing up. I got so sick after Ava was delivered, I was miserable. By now it was around 11:00 pm and I was feeling nauseous and just really yucky.I just sat super still, eyes closed, not speaking, just concentrating on trying not to vomit.
Around 11:45 pm I was ready to finally bring this baby into the world!
Oh I was so nervous! Due to the epidural, I couldn't slide down to get into position, heck, I couldn't move AT ALL from the waist down. I tried 3 times but it just wasn't happening. One of the nurses was tall and muscular built. She grabbed me under the legs and practically lifted me off the bed. Slid me right into position in one second flat. I heard a few chuckles in the room. It was a funny sight, I'm sure :)

With that, I started pushing with the contractions. I couldn't feel them but, the nauseousness was almost unbearable. I was trying hard not to vomit while holding my breath for 10 seconds every one minute while pushing during the contractions. Have you ever tried to hold your breath and push with all your might while you're about to throw up? .. not fun at all.

Vaughn, all the nurses (there were like 10 of them) and my midwife cheered me on as each second I was getting closer to meeting my sweet new baby. They were so nice.
20 minutes later, beautiful Kate Isabella with her cute button nose, plump lips and thick, dark curls arrived straight from heaven.
July 20th
12:30 am
8 lbs 1 oz
20 in
Oh how I instantly loved her and I was so happy about all that hair!












We had a super hard time choosing a name for her.
We were down to the last hour in the hospital and had to make a decision.
We finally narrowed it down to two names:
Elsa or Kate
I looooove both of these names so much and was torn on which to choose. Elsa just didn't seem to fit her though.
So Kate it was!
Isabella is a family name chosen from my ancestor.
The name fits her perfectly :)
I have to say.. when Frozen came out, I was SO excited to hear the name Elsa. I fell in love with it even more. Every time I hear it, my heart beats a little faster. And I told Vaughn (for the record) I loved the name BEFORE the movie was released.
I love watching Vaughn with our girls, he is a precious, loving daddy to them both!
ready to come home

big sister, Ava meeting Kate for the first time


dang she's tan. Wait, that's jaundice ...

a slightly awkward picture of us before leaving for the hospital
Many episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" were watched while waiting.
Another thing I was dreading this 2nd time around was throwing up. I got so sick after Ava was delivered, I was miserable. By now it was around 11:00 pm and I was feeling nauseous and just really yucky.I just sat super still, eyes closed, not speaking, just concentrating on trying not to vomit.
Around 11:45 pm I was ready to finally bring this baby into the world!
Oh I was so nervous! Due to the epidural, I couldn't slide down to get into position, heck, I couldn't move AT ALL from the waist down. I tried 3 times but it just wasn't happening. One of the nurses was tall and muscular built. She grabbed me under the legs and practically lifted me off the bed. Slid me right into position in one second flat. I heard a few chuckles in the room. It was a funny sight, I'm sure :)

With that, I started pushing with the contractions. I couldn't feel them but, the nauseousness was almost unbearable. I was trying hard not to vomit while holding my breath for 10 seconds every one minute while pushing during the contractions. Have you ever tried to hold your breath and push with all your might while you're about to throw up? .. not fun at all.

Vaughn, all the nurses (there were like 10 of them) and my midwife cheered me on as each second I was getting closer to meeting my sweet new baby. They were so nice.
20 minutes later, beautiful Kate Isabella with her cute button nose, plump lips and thick, dark curls arrived straight from heaven.
July 20th
12:30 am
8 lbs 1 oz
20 in
Oh how I instantly loved her and I was so happy about all that hair!
8 lbs 1 oz chubby!












We had a super hard time choosing a name for her.
We were down to the last hour in the hospital and had to make a decision.
We finally narrowed it down to two names:
Elsa or Kate
I looooove both of these names so much and was torn on which to choose. Elsa just didn't seem to fit her though.
So Kate it was!
Isabella is a family name chosen from my ancestor.
The name fits her perfectly :)
I have to say.. when Frozen came out, I was SO excited to hear the name Elsa. I fell in love with it even more. Every time I hear it, my heart beats a little faster. And I told Vaughn (for the record) I loved the name BEFORE the movie was released.
I love watching Vaughn with our girls, he is a precious, loving daddy to them both!
ready to come home
big sister, Ava meeting Kate for the first time
dang she's tan. Wait, that's jaundice ...

a slightly awkward picture of us before leaving for the hospital
In the few short months that you've been here, Kate, you have brought us
more happiness than we could ever have imagined. You melt my heart. You are my sweet baby doll, I will love you forever and always
:)












