I'm so glad our little sweet pea is finally here, we love her so much.
She's our precious little baby doll :)
And I have to say, I've enjoyed the little things so much more this time around. I don't know what it is. Don't get me wrong, we love our precious Ava's newborn months but this time has been a little easier for some reason.
She's our precious little baby doll :)
And I have to say, I've enjoyed the little things so much more this time around. I don't know what it is. Don't get me wrong, we love our precious Ava's newborn months but this time has been a little easier for some reason.
Easier delivery, easier recovery, easier on my emotions. Just easier all the way around.
I've been trying to get the details surrounding her birth written
down for about 4 weeks now. I've only able to write a little bit each
day so it's taken quite awhile to accomplish. And I just got the birth
photos back from the photographer, yay!
These photos are priceless.
I'm so glad that I had Ashleigh there to photograph all the details of this special, life-changing day.
Best decision ever.
These photos are priceless.
I'm so glad that I had Ashleigh there to photograph all the details of this special, life-changing day.
Best decision ever.
I had a July 19th induction planned since my 36 week appointment. I was told that second time labors are much shorter than the first. With Ava, my labor was 27 hours so ...
she would most definitely have a July 19th birthday right?
We arrived at the hospital on July 19th at 7:05 am. I had already been dilated to a near 3 and 70 % effaced for about 2 weeks. So again, I thought labor would progress fairly quickly.
I slipped the hospital gown on, and got started on the pitocin. Most everything about the process was familiar yet, so much was unknown. Would this labor be quick? Would it be less tramatic? Ava's birth was still fresh in my mind. At this point I was still debating on whether I would try for a natural birth or just get the epidural. My first experience with an epidural made me so incredibly sick that I just wanted to die so it almost didn't seem worth it to me.
Vaughn and I had a leisurely and relaxing morning. Just hanging out, talking, waiting and eating ice chips.
My mom and Grandma arrived at noon to await the babes arrival. Dad and Kyr would arrive later that evening.
I wanted to see how far I could go, how long I could stand the pain.
The nurse checked me again an hour later, dilated to a 4.
Somewhere between that and passing onto a 5 I caved and got the epidural. Not because I couldn't stand the pain but because I just didn't see the point in suffering if I didn't have to.
For some reason, getting the epidural this time was quite a bit different. It hurt more and was just different. I can't explain it.
By this time, it's 3:00 pm and I was expected to progress fairly quickly.
An hour later, I was still dilated at a 5.
another hour passes, another check. Still a 5.
yet another long hour goes by.. STILL a 5. um... seriously?
by now it's about 7:00 pm and I'm completely stalled at a 5. What?? I was getting so discouraged, frustrated and upset.

The nurses tried all kinds of different positions and contraptions to try to get my body to progress.
Also, the epidural kept wearing off on my left side so i could feel the contractions (on a pain scale it was like a 7) i was worried that it would be like that for delivery so the anesthesiologist came back in and adjusted a few things to make it better.

8:00 pm. yep. Still dilated to a 5 with no signs of progression.
I was in tears at this point. I buried my face in the pillow and I silently prayed hard. I begged Heavenly Father to please let me deliver this baby without a C-section.
After another check around 8:30 pm (and still dilated to a 5), I overheard the nurse mention that if at the next check I wasn't progressing, we would have to take another route. The C-section route. No. Please, NO. I think I had an anxiety attack there in the hospital bed. Pure panic set in as I most likely was headed toward the operating room unless I was dilated past a 5 at the next cervix check.
I didn't want the nurse to check again me. I was terrified. Absolutely terrified. After silently praying like 10 prayers in the past 2 hours, I felt nervous but at peace with whatever was to happen. The nurse came in around 9:15 pm and I'm pretty sure I was shaking. I buried my face in my pillow to hide my emotions. I didn't want to burst into tears if I heard that dreadful number 5 again.
to be continued . . .
The nurse checked me again an hour later, dilated to a 4.
Somewhere between that and passing onto a 5 I caved and got the epidural. Not because I couldn't stand the pain but because I just didn't see the point in suffering if I didn't have to.
For some reason, getting the epidural this time was quite a bit different. It hurt more and was just different. I can't explain it.
By this time, it's 3:00 pm and I was expected to progress fairly quickly.
An hour later, I was still dilated at a 5.
another hour passes, another check. Still a 5.
yet another long hour goes by.. STILL a 5. um... seriously?
by now it's about 7:00 pm and I'm completely stalled at a 5. What?? I was getting so discouraged, frustrated and upset.

The nurses tried all kinds of different positions and contraptions to try to get my body to progress.
Also, the epidural kept wearing off on my left side so i could feel the contractions (on a pain scale it was like a 7) i was worried that it would be like that for delivery so the anesthesiologist came back in and adjusted a few things to make it better.

8:00 pm. yep. Still dilated to a 5 with no signs of progression.
I was in tears at this point. I buried my face in the pillow and I silently prayed hard. I begged Heavenly Father to please let me deliver this baby without a C-section.
After another check around 8:30 pm (and still dilated to a 5), I overheard the nurse mention that if at the next check I wasn't progressing, we would have to take another route. The C-section route. No. Please, NO. I think I had an anxiety attack there in the hospital bed. Pure panic set in as I most likely was headed toward the operating room unless I was dilated past a 5 at the next cervix check.
I didn't want the nurse to check again me. I was terrified. Absolutely terrified. After silently praying like 10 prayers in the past 2 hours, I felt nervous but at peace with whatever was to happen. The nurse came in around 9:15 pm and I'm pretty sure I was shaking. I buried my face in my pillow to hide my emotions. I didn't want to burst into tears if I heard that dreadful number 5 again.
to be continued . . .








