Thursday, December 23, 2010

your dream house

day 5.

I wish I had a photo of it. I might look a little creepy taking a photo of someone else's house though.. Who knows perhaps next time we're driving by, I'll quickly and discreetly snap a shot.

I love, LOVE old (but kept up) homes. Just the history behind them and  the intricate detail, I'm just drawn to them.

Any way, I'm in love with a certain home that's situated on 29th St on the east bench in Ogden. I discovered it in high school and I drive by it every now and then when I'm in the area. There really is just something magical about it! 

Picture this:
- a tall, black iron fence surrounding the entire home which sits nestled on a small hill.
- several large, well-established trees making you feel as though you're in the forest.
- a cobblestone pathway leading up to the rounded wood door, complete with a circular iron knocker.
- a fairytale-like construction that will instantly make you feel like Hansel and Gretel (minus the mean witch of course).

It's just like a home right out of Carmel-by-the-sea. If you've never been there, it's this posh little seaside town in Cali that charges $50+ a plate for dinner at restaurants. Vaughn and I were in awe at every single home and had to take pictures of all the spectacular-ness. 
This is what some of the homes look like:
cottage

Oh my goodness, isn't it so charming?! I think my heart just stopped..

So my dream home sounds magical right? Well, it is. I would just die if I ever got the chance to tour the inside of it!
I hope to someday be the owner of it too.