I couldn't help but wonder how much, if at all, anyone is interested . I suppose if you don't care, there's really no point in reading for a couple of weeks, because really.. that's all you're gonna be hearing about!
Okay, moving right along....
I was just recalling the night Vaughn revealed unto me that he is in love. I hope he doesn't mind that I am writing this on the blog... I just wanted to share because it's too special.
The night was December 16th, 2007. He was sooo nervous & I knew it. I was a bit confused because he told me he had something to tell me but then he fell silent for what seemed an eternity. I began to worry, whats going on?! Ah, the suspense...
He said he didn't want me to feel like I had to reciprocate what he was about to say. Okay I say.
I have his exact words from the moment because I stored them in my mind until I arrived home & then wrote them down in my journal. Here goes: "I wanted to say something to you... I have been thinking it for awhile now & I don't want you to feel like you have to reciprocate what I am going to say or even say anything at all but Ashley........
(long pause)
........I LoVe YoU.
I've realized this last week that I have fallen in love with you & I've wanted to say it so many times this weekend it almost burst out of me!" I was speechless, in a good way. I recall the spirit being there & it was the sweetest of sweet moments. With Vaughn I have quite the collection of those sweet moments. He then said he was quite hesitant to tell me because he didn't want to scare me away. Since I wasn't quite expecting it, I just kept quiet for a moment to collect my thoughts. I knew that I really liked him & loved to be with him & I had never laughed so much in my life. Vaughn can get me laughing like no one else can. We just have so much fun together. I realized that I was just simply happy whenever I was in his presense. My family also mentioned that I would light up whenever they would ask about him. So yes I told Vaughn, I love you too. Of course my emotions were present & I had never told a boy that I loved him. Ever. So this was a huge deal to me & up to that point I had never been in love. I think he was quite relieved when I reciprocated the feeling. It comes so easily to love my Vaughn. I can honestly say that Vaughn is my best friend & he will be forever & ever.
Nine days later...
December 25th, 2007: the day Vaughn & I decided to make marriage our goal,
we both have had marriage on our minds....
I heard a quote in which I completely agree:
"The successful marriage depends in large measure upon the preparation made in approaching it". I loved hearing that! I am so glad I have waited until now. I am glad because it's so much more sweet to me. Waiting for something makes everything that much more wonderful when it finally arrives. I know that Vaughn & I have been preparing our entire lives for an eternal marriage. We have worked hard & have sacrificed much these last few months for July 15th, but it's so minimal compared to the glorious blessing of being able to be sealed in the temple for time & all of eternity. I am in awe of mine & Vaughn's relationship. If people really knew just how in love we are... Someone told me the other day that they don't believe in true love. I then told them that they obviously have not seen Vaughn & I together then.
What Vaughn & I have is the truest love you will ever find.
TrUe LoVe.
I hope that person will be fortunate enough to experience true love because there is simply nothing better! Can I get an amens! ,
