Sunday, July 15, 2012

our happy marriage

Happy 4 years to us babe!

 I love July 15th and all the precious, priceless memories this day holds for us.

I can't believe that we have celebrated our special day four times now. 


 I can honestly say that we have a very happy marriage. We truly do.


I love spending time with you, it's my favorite part of each day.


I love you more than ever honey boy.

You are my world and you have made me the happiest girl of all time!


We went away for the weekend and it was such a blast!
We stayed at the Armstrong Mansion for our first time, i discovered that totally adore everything about it.
I felt like I was back in the early 1900's, which I loved! It's very cozy and romantic. We went on a self guided tour and it was so thrilling to explore a century old mansion. I seriously would go back in a heartbeat.
We stayed in the lovely January room. These pics don't do it justice, it's beautiful. We actually had reserved the August room like a month ago but upon arriving, I realized I wasn't liking the attic too much. We asked the reservations desk if it would be possible to switch rooms at all. They said sure, so we went to explore again to pick out which room we wanted. I fell in love with November and January (I just love old mansions, okay?). Anyway, we chose January, I felt like I was back in time. We wondered who's room this was over 100 years ago. So fascinating to me. I wished I could go back to 1899 and be a fly on the wall. Vaughn was nervous when it came time for bed because earlier that day we had read up on the history of the mansion and it mentioned ghosts. He strongly suggested that we sleep with the tv on for background noise. We settled on a classical music channel. Then we pretended like there was a ball going on downstairs, which it really did feel like. Maybe that's cheesy but, we just like to pretend and use our imaginations, okay?


Here's what we did over the weekend:

Armstrong Mansion Tour
 Blue Iguana for lunch
Jamba Juice
Gateway walking, Sur La Table & Rocky Mtn Chocolate
Relaxing
Breakfast in the parlor
This Is The Place Monument
Mark Miller Toyota & Subaru car shopping
Utah Blaze Game
Relaxing
Bangkok Thai in Park City
The Lodge at Park City Mtn Resort
Utah Olympic Park
Iceberg milkshakes
& 
more relaxing


 Blaze game with Tyler and Angela

 

 We stayed in Park City the 2nd night.
While I was getting ready, Vaughn surprised me with breakfast and flowers. Love him :)
 



We went shopping at Sur La Table.
I made Vaughn hold up that spatula that says "Hot Stuff"


 We went to the Olympic Park for the Alpine slide. 
We got halfway up the mountain and it started pouring rain!
We ran for shelter once we reached the top. We couldn't ride the slide because when it gets wet, the brakes don't work. We got our money back and ended up getting a free gondola ride out of the deal, yes :)

 

These have been the best 4 years of our lives!