I reeeeally love cooking. It gives me a sort of thrill that I can't seem to put my finger on.
Pretty sure it might have to with my adoration for culinary photography.
If I could photograph only one thing, it would have to be food.
If I could photograph only one thing, it would have to be food.
Thanks to Pinterest, Vaughn has become quite the lucky man in the grub department.
Made this delightful dessert tonight:
Lemon Yogurt Cake
p.s. isn't that just the prettiest cake stand? Thrift store purchase for 3 bucks!
i LOVE me a good lemon cake and this one didn't disappoint. I love the lemon zest in this recipe and think it's what made the top crust pastry-like, flakey and perfect.
note- I omitted the glaze. Too lazy plus it's less calories.
I decided that fresh raspberries atop were the perfect compliment. Kinda like raspberry lemonade :)
and ...
Lemon Yogurt Cake
p.s. isn't that just the prettiest cake stand? Thrift store purchase for 3 bucks!
i LOVE me a good lemon cake and this one didn't disappoint. I love the lemon zest in this recipe and think it's what made the top crust pastry-like, flakey and perfect.
note- I omitted the glaze. Too lazy plus it's less calories.
I decided that fresh raspberries atop were the perfect compliment. Kinda like raspberry lemonade :)
and ...
This healthified dish from Fitness magazine is a keeper:
It's made with fresh spinach, fat free ricotta and a can of diced tomatoes
(no sodium filled jar of pasta sauce in this here recipe)
Note- I omitted the chorizo, salt and egg. Again, less calories and they're just not my cup of tea .
I also doubled the recipe, it's not enough. Plus leftovers are awesome :)
note- i omitted the olive oil.
Too oily for my taste and I found it was much better (and healthier) without it :)
This salad is so simple yet so delish!
The fresh basil compliments the other ingredients perfectly and elevates it to a whole new level.
and ...
Don't even get me started on these other two glorious recipes:
chicken enchilada pasta
holy cow, 5 stars and then some!
Too oily for my taste and I found it was much better (and healthier) without it :)
This salad is so simple yet so delish!
The fresh basil compliments the other ingredients perfectly and elevates it to a whole new level.
and ...
Don't even get me started on these other two glorious recipes:
chicken enchilada pasta
holy cow, 5 stars and then some!
I could eat an entire sink full of this stuff.
Not really but, this NEEDS to be on your to-make recipes!

