Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{Hope*Smiling *Brightly}

I love reading. Sometimes instead of a good old fashioned book, I'll read blogs. Blogs of strangers a lot of the time. Is that weird or creepy?! Because I'm totally not weird or creepy.


Anyway, lately I've come across a few different blogs of families who have had children pass away. I just can't even go there with my mind. Maybe I shouldn't read them because it scares me to death that something like losing a baby or a loved one could happen to any of us.


Now that we have Ava, it puts things into whole new perspective. After reading about the Jackson's, the Mack's (his wife & newborn passed away & he now has 3 children to raise alone) or the Sullenger's, I feel so blessed to have my baby here with me on this earth. 

 Lucy's Story:


gosh..I can't help but cry while watching that..

Life is so fragile, tragedies can happen in an instant, you just never know what Heavenly Father has planned for us.


I feel terrible that I've sometimes gotten impatient with Ava or that I sometimes spend more time on my work than with her. If something ever happened to her I would regret that more than anything. I realized last night (well I already knew) that she is FAR more important than work, more important than reading, more important than updating Facebook,  the time that I spend with my baby is more important than any THING. Vaughn and Ava come first. At times it's hard to remember that but, I need to, no excuses.


Sometimes when I have a deadline for work, that takes over and I don't pay much attention to anyone or anything else until it's done and I feel bad for doing that. Vaughn and Ava see my crazy, stressed out side once in a while and that's not fair to them.


It's hard to remember that in life things can wait but, little ones grow up so fast and they won't always be little. I can see my baby leaving for kindergarten, going on her first date, leaving for college, and getting married. I'm crying right now as I type this. I want her to be my sweet little Ava baby forever but she's already coming up on her 1st birthday and I'm blown away.


Where has time gone? I miss my newbie (newborn). On Friday night she snuggled just like a newborn with daddy when he came home as if to say, I've missed you all week daddy, I just wanna hold you. She snuggled on his chest for a good 15 minutes and we both just melted :) I'm so glad that I recorded that on the video camera, it was priceless!

We love you sweet Ava, you are our pride and joy!