Saturday, July 31, 2010

What I now know

31 weeks:

1. I'm 7 months pregnant! It is still so surreal, sometimes Vaughn and I look at each other and we can't believe we are having a baby!

2. Only 9 weeks left! It's starting to finally sink in, kind of.

3. Vaughn said he will paint my toenails for me. How sweet and cute is he?

4. I feel very blessed. This has been a smooth-sailing pregnancy so far, and the baby is healthy.

5. I guess I really wouldn't mind if she decided to come a week or two early, I really want her to be born at the end of September...hint, hint.

6. Heartburn isn't too bad, although a few nights it's been really bad, more like acid reflux/heartburn and I can't sleep at all. Also, no major back pain, eating habits are pretty normal, (although I do enjoy almonds, Raisinets, and strawberries a lot) and NO stretch marks on my belly. I count myself very lucky.

7. I've gained 20 pounds so far. 9 weeks left = hopefully only 10-15 more pounds.

8. I have to officially roll out of bed now. Can no longer use my abs to sit straight up. If I try, Vaughn helps.

9. Our baby girl likes to stretch. She'll stretch her feet against my ribs and push, making my stomach contort in all sorts of shapes.

10. We get a good laugh at how funny my stomach looks when I flex it while laying down. It turns into this long triangle shaped thing.

11. Sometimes when I'm trying to pass through small spaces, I still suck in thinking it will help. It doesn't!

12. She still doesn't have a name yet. We have a couple favorites, but we just can't decide. Guess you'll have to wait another 60 something days to find out!