Last Wednesday night I started experiencing cramping pain in my lower abdomen and back. I just tried to sleep through it but, it kept me up up most of the night. My right arm also went numb and I couldn't move my neck.
I told Vaughn in the morning that I thought something might be wrong. He was really worried.
*The next sentance might be a little too much info but, just bear with me*..
I used the restroom and there was lots blood. I was really scared that something was wrong with the baby so I told Vaughn and he insisted that we go to the hospital immediately. I was hesitant because I thought it might just be something minor and didn't want to look silly. We called our doctor and she said to go to the emergency room.
We got there and they sent us up to labor and delivery, that scared us because I'm 28 weeks right now, I still have 12 weeks to go. Then we found out that if a women is over 20 weeks, you are always sent up to labor and delivery first. Anyway, we were there for 4 hours (ridiculous!) They never really gave us a thorough answer or diagnosis. They said the lab tests didn't show an infection or anything at all, we found that really hard to believe. Most of the signs pointed to a kidney stone. I'd never had one before and had no idea what I was in for.
Later that night, the pain became unbearable. I don't know what labor feels like but I honestly thought I was in labor! I had to put lamaze breathing into practice to try and cope with the pain. I couldn't sleep at all. My poor, sweet husband was up well past midnight with me but there was nothing much he could do.
It lasted on and off for the next 3 days. Friday night was horrible, I was nauseous on top of all the pain.
My loving husband made several trips to the store trying to make me more comfortable. I even tried the coke and asparagus remedy recommended by Heidi and my father in law.
Somehow after prayers, two priesthood blessings, so much help from Vaughn and my mom, the unwelcome, long over-stayed kidney stone finally passed sometime on Saturday (I think).
I hope to NEVER experience kidney stones again. I wouldn't wish them on anyone!
I've heard from several women that kidney stones are more painful than natural childbirth. I was actually kind of relieved to hear that as I thought chilbirth was the most painful thing to experience.
Two good things that came of this:
1. I am so grateful for such a wonderful, sweet, amazing husband. He takes such good care of me. I love him even more (is that even possible?!).
2. I feel as though I am now well prepared physically to bring this baby into the world!
1. I am so grateful for such a wonderful, sweet, amazing husband. He takes such good care of me. I love him even more (is that even possible?!).
2. I feel as though I am now well prepared physically to bring this baby into the world!