I celebrated my birthday on January 29th. Vaughn and I had a most wonderful weekend getaway to the Homestead, our first night away without baby Ava. It was a blast, we had so much fun!
Starting with lunch at Taggarts, yum.
Then arriving to the Homestead Resort, my heart loves this place.
Off to lounging in bed, with the fireplace on, watching some cable.
Lots of treat-eating.
Don't forget hot-tubbing too.
Cross country skiing up at the beautiful Huber Grove.
So fun!
(Pictures to come)
We even missed Ava a little. Our hearts melted as we looked at photos of her on our phones.
As we pulled into Midway, I could see thick, black smoke up ahead and this is what we saw:
The trailer and barn were engulfed in flames. It was so crazy, I'd never been that close to such a huge scary fire before! We were about 50 feet away with our windows rolled up and we could still feel the intense heat!
That barn was the size of a good size house and it burnt to the ground. We drove by the next morning and everything you see in this photo was gone. So scary!
I hope they have insurance..
