Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pregnancy.

My very first experience with this joyful miracle!

So our plan was to start trying for a baby in November and it didn't take long for baby to become a reality!
I took a pregnancy test on January 31st (by then I was 3 1/2 weeks along) and couldn't believe my eyes when TWO pink lines appeared instead of just one. We've had a few "false alarms" since we've been married and I was just used to the one liner appearing. I was shaking with excitement and kept thinking oh my gosh, oh my gosh, no way!? I showed Vaughn the test and told him "You're gonna be a daddy". He couldn't believe it, we are so happy, nervous and excited!

Because I'm 10 (& a 1/2) weeks, Here's 10 things :
 (and other random thoughts)

1. First of all, in case you haven't already caught on, we are thrilled at the thought of becoming parents and having a cute little babe around! Being pregnant is thrilling, miraculous, scary and weird all at the same time and we are very anxious to meet our special treasure.

2. I have been nauseated but have never lost any lunch (if you know what I mean) and I have to eat at least every 3 hours. I'm starved by then and it feels so weird to have an empty stomach after eating only a few hours earlier. I get "night sickness", not morning sickness and again, just nauseous feelings. It makes for uncomfortable, sometimes sleepless nights.

3. Vaughn sometimes likes eggs in the morning. I cannot handle the smell of cooked eggs. Seriously, so horrific to my senses.

4. I'm exhausted by the end of the day. I could sleep and do sleep until at least 8:30 am everyday. That's 10-11 hours of sleep each night, crazy!

5.  The only thing that we have purchased for baby so far are 50 diapers. We got them for $5 off ksl.com!

6. Vaughn massages my feet (he hates feet) before we go to bed. It's very kind of him.

7. I'm excited to watch our baby and my belly grow. I've already bought a pair of maternity jean capris and they are super cute, stylish and comfy, I can't wait to wear them!

8. I've always loved the month of October. If I couldn't get married in the summer, my second choice of month was October. I'm so glad to be having a baby in October!

9. I can't wait for the second trimester (only one more week to go) when I can get some energy back, hopefully?! We are going to be posting photos of me as I progress throughout the pregnancy so watch for those starting in about 2 weeks!

10. Vaughn has been very supportive and understanding, I la la love him! Did we mention that we are sooooooooo Excited?!